Baby Life Quilt


When our friends Robin and DJ welcomed their sweet and beautiful daughter Anabelle Marie into the world, I jumped on the chance to make her a blanket. I found the pattern for the blanket below on the Moda Bake Shop website. The quilt itself was very straight forward, but the applique lettering was labor intensive (no baby pun intended).

You can find the free pattern here.

My only suggestion would be to use an iron on interfacing behind light colored or low thread count fabrics used for the letters. Especially if you used a patterned background fabric like I did. Look at the word "eat" for example. You can see the background fabric pattern coming through the letters. A medium weight iron on interfacing would have eliminated this problem.


I would recommend using a flannel fabric for the back because it is durable and soft on baby's skin.


Don't mind the poor cell phone picture quality.

Comments

Popular Posts